Quite often we stay with service providers that we’re just not that happy with - because the perceived effort of change is too much. So a telco annoys us with slow broadband, or a power company overcharges us, or an accountant doesn’t offer us particularly proactive help. We stay because it isn’t quite painful enough to make us go through the process of change.
However, with all the changes in the economy and in business people’s lives, perhaps now is a good time to look at better options. Here’s a short step by step guide for what’s involved in changing accountants, even if you do this as a quick process for concluding that you’re OK staying with your existing accountant!
What you do
Compare what you’re paying to Beany’s fixed pricing. Beany's pricing is based on your turnover, with the lowest option being $125 per month plus GST (for income up to $250k). This covers all of your income tax returns (including those for you personally and your business), preparation of business financial statements, preparing your company annual returns for the Companies Office, and providing unlimited advice and support. No surprises, no unexpected bills - all included.
We have introduced new pick 'n mix extras where you can add on other services, such as preparing GST returns, reconciling your Xero bank account(s), and helping you grow your business.
Starting the Beany process
Give us a buzz on 0800 755 333 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our Beany team will help you decide which package would be ideal for you.
Once you’ve clicked the “Buy” button, let us know who your previous accountant was, and go through our identity check*.
That’s it, you’re done now.
What we do
We swing into action for everything else:
- Contact the old accountant and get your stuff for you.
- Let Inland Revenue know that you're one of our clients and link you to our tax agency. Once you're linked with us, we do a double check on all your taxes, look for old credits and odd balances - anything we need to know to look after you.
- For companies, we contact the Companies Office so that we file your Annual Return.
- Introduce you to the perfect Beany accountant so you know where to get help and advice
- Connect you to our ‘always on’ support desk, which is free to Beany customers.
- Make sure you’re all good to go on the GST front with all the correct information loaded for you (for example, if you’re a contractor with withholding tax).
- Transfer your Xero file so we can access and help when you need us.
It’s super easy to switch, so take a look at some of our packages here.
* Identify checks are required under the Anti Money Laundering Act, but can still be done online (not in person)